Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Glasses are On...

Did you know that 52% of the world lives off of $1,000 or less each year?  That means that Matt and I are among the richest population in the world!  Those who make $10,000/year or more are in the top 10% of the richest humans.  

Today someone asked me how I am.  Today I am so embarrassed of the way I live.

Matt and I are praying for direction today, praying that God would make it very clear where he wants us.  I feel like I just want to be in the NORMAL, secular world, where it isn't confusing what a Christian should or should not look like.  Working among Christians can make my vision blurry where I cannot see exactly what God expects of me, but instead I see what they think is acceptable.  It's blurry.

We are spending the day in prayer, trying to decipher what God wants of us, though I'm suspecting He's going to keep it a secret for now.

Meanwhile, I'll keep praying and searching my motives and actions for ways to improve integrity with what I know God wants of me, versus what the average person expects God to want from me.  I'm going to go put on my glasses and search.

No comments:

Post a Comment