Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Explanations and Your Expectations

Matt and I share another blog, but we decided to make it a little more business-like.  Matt encouraged me to start another blog and write about the things that I think about.  This blog is NOT supposed to be important, nor do I promise to write things objectively.  I'm just going to do some writing when I feel like writing, and I'll leave it blank when I don't... it'll be a good place to let myself NOT feel guilty for NOT keeping up with it.  But... I have been feeling an urge to write a bit more, so hopefully this will help.

I write poetry.

I love playing with words and turning them into something melodic and adding a piano or guitar part to the pieces.  Maybe I'll share some songs on this blog.  I will certainly post some poetry, though. 

 I don't really share my poetry.  I suppose you could ask why I don't, and I suppose the simple answer is because I know that it usually deserves an eye-roll.  But I figure, why not have a spot where I can write things that SHOULD receive an eye-roll?  That way I'll expect it, and I won't be offended or hurt.  If anyone reads my blog, they'll expect to read some overly dramatic poetry, and then they'll not be so surprised!  Maybe it will be a good place for someone to come just to read my exaggerated thoughts, so they will come to the conclusion that they're doing pretty well themselves after all!

I'm hoping, too, that by reading my poetry, someone might get unique glimpse of God or what it means to be a Christian, from my perspective.  

I plan to share funny, sad, solemn and thoughtful poetry that is somehow linked with faith.  Perhaps one or two poems will seem to be short of being sermon material (ha ha!), but hopefully behind the scenes... or between the lines (pick your favorite cliche)... my faith will be visible.  I also plan to write prose... sometimes just thoughts I have.

If you don't expect too much you won't be let down!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you included that last sentence...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm....I miss you somethin' fierce

    ReplyDelete