Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sometimes

I wrote a poem for a friend of mine recently... I thought I'd share it.

Sometimes the clouds are dark. Sometimes the rain is hard.
Sometimes the grass grows fast after you just clipped the yard.

Sometimes you eat baloney for 3 months in a row.
Sometimes you get ice storms---the sky never sends snow.

Sometimes the moths find the oatmeal and stay til they're tossed.
Sometimes you have to wear one earring because the other is lost.

Sometimes the pizza burns, and the smoke alarm reminds you.
Sometimes you have a day where you want no one to find you.

Sometimes means not always, because the sometimeses sometimes cease,
And that is why you, friend, have a crazy hope and peace----

You look past those bad times, and they blur in your view
And though they may get worse, even, you can't see that they grew

Because you look directly at the Bright and Morning Sun,
and you know the splendor that is soon to come.

It's not just right now, life isn't just today....
This life is like chaff the wind blows away.

The resurrection keeps us going when some times are rough,
Sometimes a reminder to remember isn't good enough.

But I hope that this small reminder helps just a bit
Because I want to help somehow as you endure all of it.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I don't think you wrote this for me. But for some reason, I really needed it and really liked it. :) Thank, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it, sister. :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete