Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Desert Song

I--- I will follow
You, though You lead me through the desert,

For You lead me,
You always lead me,
to green pastures
to quiet water.

So I--- I will follow
You, though You lead me through the desert.

- - - - -

This is a song that I wrote the day I found out I was pregnant. After two miscarriages, I waited over one difficult year to become pregnant again. And in the time I was waiting, I learned so much about desiring God alone and trusting Him. The two parts overlap, because both parts (the promise to follow and the truth that the destination is always beautiful) should run simultaneously in our minds no matter what situation--- good or bad--- we are going through. I sing this song when I'm nervous that I might be miscarrying. It's a good reminder for me.

1 comment:

  1. I continue to pray for you and think about you, Sister. I wanted to call you tonight but things got a little crazy. Can I call tomorrow? Or maybe you can call on your lunch? I love you.

    ReplyDelete