Friday, July 8, 2011

No Title Yet!

I'm getting help with the title... This song is one of my first very, very positive songs!!!  :)  Upbeat-ish, and hopeful.  Woo-hoo!  Three cheers for hope! 

I know it reads awkwardly, but the melody I'll have to share soon.  It'll make more sense then!  I'd love feedback!  Any changes???  This one's pretty fresh and new!





I open up my weary eyes,
and I part the shades.
Covering the ground I see the blooms
where the winter snow has laid.

There's a quiet tune inside my soul---
I hold to it fast
When the night looms dark and silent
I know this song of mine will last.

Though my feet might slow, & the wind might burn
Forward I'll still run;
This race is just a short while,
And I've just begun.

My armor is in place
As I fall to my knees
There's no triumph in my strength at all,
And here approach my enemies.
I can hear their battle cry,
But Your banner's over me.
Though they attack, my wounds might sting,
But they'll find no victory.

I open up my weary eyes
And I part the shades.
Covering the ground I see the blooms
Where the winter... where the winter snow has laid.





- - - - - - - -


Lots of things contributed to writing this one... you can maybe tell.  Physical and spiritual.  :)  One cool thing was learning Jehovah Nissi... God is my banner.  I decided that this is one of my favorite names for the Lord right now... it's referred to in the last bit.  :) 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, dear Molly. And I like that name, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! :) And I name it "Molly's Happy Song." OOH! Or what about "Stuff from a Puff?" Or better yet... "Don't Fluff on a Puff." You're such a scrap... where do you come up with these silly phrases!?! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete